Susie Davis will join us to teach you how to free motion quilt. Learn how to finish your beautiful quilt tops at home with just a few simple tools. Free Motion Quilting will give you the knowledge of how to let your creativity flow and create designs on your own and your own machine!
You will need:
1. A small top to quilt; a baby quilt, a table runner, a pillow top, a piece of fabric, etc. Start small so you can conquer it today.
2. Batting needs to be medium loft, low loft, or traditional work best.
3. Backing fabric that is slightly larger on each side of the piece you have chosen to quilt
4. A darning foot that fits your machine. These are plastic or metal.
5. A working sewing machine that you know how to use. You must be able to drop the feed dogs, so they don't come up and grab the fabric. Some machines have a plate that it used to cover them.
6. Safety pins, curved are preferred, but straight ones work also.
7. Coordinating thread and 2 filled bobbins.
Come prepared to let your creative juices flow! There are no rules and there are no quilting Police, so anything goes......sort of! :)